Questions that the Next Gen Cohort would like you to consider...
- How are 'Next Generation' and Young Adult people engaged in the life of your church?
- Where would you like to see them even more deeply engaged?
- Why is it important to you to have young people involved as leaders in the church? (Is it?)
- Is it better for young people to stay members at their home church, or is it ok for them to move on into membership at other churches?
- What’s your church’s role in preparing young adults for life transitions, like the academic world and adulthood?
- What are some of your concerns about the future of the church?
- What are some of your hopes and dreams for the next generation?
I live in Vancouver, BC, and attend New Life Community Church, where I serve as an elder, and moderator of the board of elders. I see this in large part as an act of love to for the community that has raised me. During the week, I work a social worker, trying to connect people with shelter, addictions treatment, and other social services. To keep life balanced, I enjoy cycling, swing dancing and organizing files.
I am a born and bred Albertan, raised in the small community of Nobleford. My rural roots mean a great deal to me and have led to my career in native grassland conservation as a Rangeland Agrologist. I have been a life-long member of the Monarch Reformed Church, lending a hand where needed, most often providing 'tech-support' for our praise & worship team. With my wife Tina, and our 2.5 year old daughter Camryn, I live on a small farm on the Oldman River where we raise llamas, sheep, and exotic poultry.
At 21 I am a (young) elder at New Life Church in Toronto, a co-president of the Youth group there and a member going on 16 years now. I live the busy life of a city dweller but love the peace and quiet of relaxing in the middle of nowhere. I am in my third year of university at the Lazaridis School of Business and Economics, specializing in finance and minoring in computer science. My interests are business, tech, paintballing and The Office. I also enjoy soccer and BBQ'S. If you like any of those lets chat and if you love steak or the Office well we should be friends!